Does visiting client sites and demonstrating healthcare technology to people sound interesting to you? Do you enjoy working in different places from time to time and where no two days are the same? If so, then a Sales Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Sales team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and demonstrating Ascom’s solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care. You will provide expert level support to effectively demonstrate our products and services to prospective and existing customers. Support includes quoting, configuring, proposing, and presenting Ascom solutions in conjunction with and/or at the direction of the sales team. This position may also provide basic installation and/or implementation services as a back-up for Ascom’s Technical Services Team. In addition, the Pre Sales position provides expert level input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
Your days will be filled with…
- Responsible for supporting the sales team in selling and promoting Ascom products and services.
- Provides expert level support to effectively demonstrate our products and services to prospective and existing customers.
- This person assists in quoting, configuring, proposing, and presenting Ascom solutions in conjunction with and/or at the direction of the sales team.
- Works with the sales and marketing team to develop sales tools to assist our resellers in learning and presenting the Ascom solution portfolio.
- Provides technical input for the technical development of products and services work closely with RSD’s and resellers to provide expert internal and external technical support and expert training during pre and post sales of products and solution packages.
- Provide documents for engineering and architectural firms to use for preparing specs that favor Ascom equipment.
- Interface at all levels within a customer’s organization and coordinate highly technical information, business proposals and emerging requirements.
- Provide expert analysis and preparation of quotations and proposals.
- Research to determine customer needs and develop application of product and services.
- Work closely with RSD Team to continuously increase the prospective pipeline.
- Provide expert level feedback to Product Manager of emerging customer requirements and new vertical markets.
- Gather, analyze, and share customer technical information and feedback.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments.
- Provide expert level remote and on-site support as needed working with Ascom Implementation, TAC, and resellers.
- Drive systematic and continuous improvement of owned processes to maximize the global performance and fulfilment of strategies, working cross-functionally with relevant functions.
- Ensure that customer complaints and non-conformities and improvement opportunities in the process are identified and addressed through established continuous improvement work.
- Support the company’s objectives as outlined in both vision and mission statements.
- Recognize and achieve environmental requirements and goals.
- Conduct own work in compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and standards.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you are…
Bachelor’s degree in Information Management Systems, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a Sales Support role utilizing phone, e-mail and webbased systems.
- 5+ years’ experience with server hardware and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- 5+ year experience with telecommunications, IT or WLAN.
- 5+ year experience with Desktop Operating systems.
- 5+ year experience with basic IP routing. Required Skills and Knowledge
- Subject matter expert in two Ascom product lines along with working knowledge in all Ascom products
- Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- TCP/IP Networking
- Wireless Networking
- PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Basic telephony knowledge.
- Excellent customer management skills
- Excellent escalation management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, highly responsive and customer focused
- Ability to work independently and have a strong social presence with team interaction
- Required Experience and Education
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years Ascom product experience or 5+ years’ experience working with IT, telecom or wireless technology (DECT or 802.11)
- Recommended Certifications
- All Sales Engineer II required certifications
- Professional level wireless certifications and/or Professional level networking certifications.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com