The Senior Accountant will preform financial analysis on trends and cost drivers, financial KPI reporting, revenue and cost recognition tasks and operational accounting tasks. This position will assist in enforcing the Ascom accounting and business policies and working cross-functional with internal teams to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data.
Your days will be filled with.....
- Analyze and reconcile key source data against financial information
- Create relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics, including the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual departmental spend against budgets/outlook
Track trends and understand key business drivers
- Provide value-added commentary and financial analysis to complement the reporting
- Complete ad-hoc financial analyses as needed (e.g., Business case evaluation, pricing reviews, company metrics, etc.)
- Prepare monthly reporting packages to corporate
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommend efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Project costing and revenue recognition
- Inventory review, reconciliation and provision calculation
- Reconcile sub ledgers in the business financial system
- Prepares general ledger Journal Entries, maintains supporting documentation, and reconciles balance sheet accounts assigned
- Support the month, quarter, and year-end close processes
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring
- Review and process employee expense reports in Concur and ensure they are accounted for accurately
- Participate in financial auditing activities
- Process improvements and special projects
- Preform other accounting duties as assigned
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you have.......(Qualifications and Work Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of Financial accounting or FP&A experience
Skills and Competencies
- Strong computer skills experience, which include a high level of proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel functions (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Macros, etc.)
- Practical, results-oriented team builder with analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Communicator
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting systems required
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com