Are you an experienced hospital clinician looking to make a difference outside of direct bedside care? Do you enjoy travel, teaching, and ‘get’ healthcare workflow improving technologies? Does the idea of an industry role starting near ‘six figures’ excite you? If this describes you, Ascom may have the perfect role for you to consider!
Objective and Purpose
The Clinical Application Specialist is responsible for providing an expert level of clinical training assistance for Ascom customers as well as competent pre-sales support to the Ascom Sales Organization. This position will be developing, coordinating and conducting super-user and end-user training to support the commissioning of Ascom systems. The CAS is responsible for providing Clinical Consultation and Training and pre-sales support to a level of excellence.
The job holder reports to: Director, Clinical Consulting - Americas
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Respiratory Therapist
- 5+ years’ relevant hospital Clinical experience (Critical Care preferred)
- Demonstrated experience teaching/training peers on a clinical technology
- Eagerness to travel up to 75% of the time (US and Canada)
- Some familiarization with Ascom products as an end user of our mobility or alarm management tools
Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal communication skills-speaks fluent English and other languages depending on location and presents well
- Good written communication skills-able to efficiently compose formal communication documents
- Medical technology adaptor
- PC skills-Microsoft Office
- Good customer management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented and customer focused
- Able to work independently and have a strong social presence with team interaction
- Time management, strong prioritization and organizing skills
- Ability to write well-constructed reports
- Solid feedback and coaching skills; ability to guide colleagues in way of working
- Strong drive and commitment, detail-oriented
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines
- Analytical and structured personality
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately communicate in keeping with the setting
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Incorporate quality and continuous improvement as part of overall job performance, adhering and training to Ascom’s QMS policies and procedures
- Conduct user training at customer sites with travel time commonly approaching 75% in one month
- User training on all Ascom products sold in the America’s market.
- Develop the organizational skills needed to consistently complete site wrap up details and paperwork within 24 business hours; this to include site reports with survey evaluation results/FSRs/expense reports completed by month end
- Frequent interaction with the sales and service teams to coordinate customer training events
- User training program/course developer
- Provide clinical consultation to support system design, deployment and commissioning
- Gain the trust and confidence of your sales team as evidenced by regular engagement with them.
- Co-develop self-paced learning content
- Consultation for patient monitor(MMG/Cardiomax);Ascom handsets
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com