The Senior Expert R&D Project Manager manages the end-to-end delivery of major/key DLP projects, ensuring compliance with standards and monitoring quality. He/she actively drives the improvement of existing or creation of new products, components, equipment, systems, and processes. Within the team, he/she is expected to coach and help more junior team members to develop and grow.
The job holder reports to: Head of Unite R&D
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally lead and coordinate cross functional projects with needed core team members from the global company departments, including, but not limited to, R&D, Supply, Marketing, Regulatory & Legal.
- Ensure that the project complies with the regulatory and quality processes and follows the Ascom Development Process and its sub-processes
- Monitor and enforce compliance with applicable standards; ensure high-quality of technical documentation and files
- Plan and conduct projects according to established methods, principles, and theories.
- Encourage collaboration across teams and ensure synergies and learning between DLP projects are realized
- Responsible for establishing necessary communication with other projects, line organization and departments
- Provides guidance and support other Project Managers
- Manage and follow up project scope, time schedule and budget
- Report to Execution and Steering Committee
Qualifications and Work Experience
- University degree (BC or MSc.)
- 5-10 years’ experience as Project Manager, ideally in Medical Device Software Design
- Knowledge and experience working with ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO 14971, IEC 80002 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 QSR requirements and standards
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. Prince2 Practitioner, PMP professional, IPMA minimum level B, Scrum)
- Working experience in the medical device, IT, telecommunication or product development sector
Skills and Competencies
- Strong understanding within different competence areas within R&D, Supply, Regulatory and Marketing.
- Strong project and program management skills; familiar with project management tools, e.g. Jira, MS Project, SharePoint, Antura, Agile
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio: Broad knowledge of Ascom products, systems and customers
- Strong planning, organizing and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, especially communication and conflict management
- Strong feedback and coaching skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across international teams with resources in several countries
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Strong business acumen and ability to run large projects with budget which can exceed 100MSEK
- Solution-oriented personality with strong drive for achieving results
- Empathic attitude and talent to engage and motivate others
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines
- Open mind-set and curiosity, passion for innovation and improvement
- Quick learner, with affinity towards technical topics, Ascom’s products and offerings
- Structured personality, high ability to plan, paying attention to details
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com