Ascom Myco working successfully around the world
On January 4, 2017, a Swedish newspaper published an article alleging technical problems involving Ascom solutions at the Nya Karolinska Sjukhuset hospital in Stockholm. This article has been quoted by other media including Finanz + Wirtschaft. As a healthcare ICT company, Ascom's primary and overriding concern is and always will be, patient safety. Therefore, Ascom would like to clarify the facts involved in this matter:
- Ascom's solution at Nya Karolinska Sjukhuset (NKS) consists of Alarm Handling Software as well as Ascom Myco smart devices, supplied via a master contractor. The NKS technology solution includes multiple technology vendors and partners.
- The first incident mentioned in the press article concerns a death that occurred at Nya Karolinska Sjukhuset on December 15, 2016. The hospital is investigating the matter according to standard procedures. If requested, Ascom with all other related technology providers in this complex installation will support any needed investigation. Ascom, based on existing information, does not see a relation between Ascom Myco and the incident.
- In the second alleged incident, Ascom can state that our Alarm Handling Software was not the cause of false alarms triggered on December 24, 2016 at Nya Karolinska Sjukhuset. These alarms were caused by a different party`s equipment sending false alarms to the Ascom system within the greater technology ecosystem at the hospital.
- Ascom is not a supplier of the Wi-Fi or 3G radio networks installed at the hospital, and thus cannot be held responsible for the performance or operations of those networks.
- Ascom Myco has been supplied to a large number of hospitals and health care facilities across the world in many countries including Humber River in Toronto (Canada) and Kuopio (Finland). These customers are satisfied with our technology partnership and continue to explore further collaboration with Ascom.
- Ascom is subject to and complies with both EU and USA medical regulatory requirements. Furthermore, Ascom maintains an ISO 134585 Medical Device Certification, an international standard regulating the quality standards of medical device companies. Ascom regularly passes audits from these different regulatory and standards bodies.