We are looking to strengthen our R&D department in Göteborg with three Software Engineers for embedded software development in C++ for wireless feature phones and base stations.
The feature phones and base station products are part of a larger system offering used within health care for real time communication and collaboration including emergency alarm handling. We are working with DECT, WiFi and Bluetooth as radio technologies. Our products are used for mission critical applications with high demands on security and reliability.
Development of new products are done in multifunctional agile development teams consisting of competences from usability, software, radio, electronics, mechanics, test and production. Additional feature development is done in Agile teams consisting of software- and test- engineers.
Your days will be filled with...
- Creating technical requirements and design documentation.
- Implementing new features in data communication protocols including wireless communication.
- Understand customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software solutions
- Implementing embedded software solutions in C/C++
- Initiate and participate in design and code reviews
- Verification of own software modules e.g. by automated unit tests.
- Support in resolution of customer issues
Education and skills
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or related area
- 3+ years of experience from embedded sw design in C/C++ including drivers.
- Experience in agile software development
- Fluent in English in both speech and writing.
- Being able to communicate in Swedish in speech.
- Work experience from healthcare sector is preferable.
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and structured personality
- Quick learner with a flexible mindset
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
We would love to hear more about you so please send us your resume. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com