Does the idea of working within a professional Customer Care Team solving escalated, complex issues whilst providing excellent customer service sound like a role that you would excel at? If so, then an Application Support Engineer role with us might be perfect for you!
As an Application Support Engineer with Ascom (UK) Ltd, you’ll work from our offices in Lichfield, Staffordshire, and will be at the forefront of investigating, maintaining, correcting and improving established systems at various levels, working with our central and local service teams. You will maintain our customers’ needs and provide technical expertise by performing hands-on configuration on-site and remotely during installation, commissions, and post customer handover.
As a key member of our Customer Care team, you will use various technologies and languages (such as HTML, SQL, T-SQL and Microsoft.net core 2.2) to troubleshoot software and work alongside engineers and product specialists to investigate and resolve complex issues affecting functionality.
Your days will be filled with…
- Delivering activities as part of the Ascom Customer Care Team, including supporting all post hand-over activities, installation and commissioning as required.
- Working closely with engineering experts and global product specialists to troubleshoot, debug, upgrade and resolve complex software issues.
- Collaborating with global development and support teams and product managers to resolve customer issues.
- Receiving and immediately managing customer feedback and complaints professionally to minimise the impact on customers, ensuring a high-quality resolution of issues.
- Strictly following Ascom’s process guidelines for service management documentation.
- Understanding customer requirements and how they translate into their software features.
- Collaborating and supporting cross-functionally and contributing to increased team performance within the Customer Care Team.
- Writing, maintaining and updating technical documentation.
- Traveling domestically and internationally as required.
In this role you will work from our office in Lichfield, Staffordshire and will travel to provide support at customer sites when required. You will participate in the after-hours/weekend rota to ensure customer support coverage.
We're looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Proven experience in a similar position (software/application engineering or 2nd Line Support)
- Proven experience of using SQL and T-SQL to interreact with relational databases
- Knowledge of numerous back-end languages C# and .Net framework (advantageous)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Experience in technical / IT-related troubleshooting
- Knowledge of medical device regulations (advantageous)
- Experience with communication, network, or medical systems
- ITIL Certification
- Time management, strong prioritisation and organizing skills
- Good communication, teamwork and customer service skills
- An ability to write well-constructed reports and technical documentation
To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to work onsite from our office in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com