Objective and Purpose
The Senior Key Account Manager, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) is responsible for selling and marketing the Ascom Healthcare Platform and full portfolio to targeted Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) and multi-hospital systems. Under the direction of Head of Healthcare Key Accounts, the position is responsible for utilizing innovative contracting strategies and tactics for the development of new business in targeted accounts, for protecting current base business and for increasing market share to IDNs across all business lines. The Senior Key Account Manager, IDN advises sales management on department-related issues, including those with company-wide or external impact.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive high-level, C-Suite engagements, fostering relationships with organizational leadership.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews, monthly account plan reviews and participate in operating rigor as appropriate.
- Individually work closely with the Government and GPO teams, Distributor/Channel partners and Sales leadership to execute profitable growth strategies, develop innovative relationships and new contract awards.
- Lead development and execution of short- and long-term strategies to support the evolving needs of assigned territory
- Lead and manage field sales activities without direct report responsibility.
- Develop strong relationships with key executives, clinical staff and entire supply chain within targeted IDNs and multi-hospital systems
- Execute Ascom’s IDN strategy focusing on long and short-term goals that increase sales and build Ascom brand equity and loyalty
- Negotiate contract terms for sales to IDNs and multi-hospital systems including pricing, warranty and special conditions
- Develop new business in targeted IDNs by developing and employing innovative contracting strategies and tactics focused on creating a competitive advantage.
- These strategies and tactics should also identify opportunities to increase market share within those identified IDNs across all business lines
- Interact with Region Sales Managers to target IDN enterprise business sales opportunities within their respective region and/or assigned accounts.
- Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy within assigned key accounts.
- Develop and implement long-term vision and strategy related to key accounts
- Submit to Head of Healthcare Key Accounts a monthly dashboard on activities
and achievements of goals and objectives. A quarterly dashboard is also required outlining the spend history, the sales funnel and projected quarterly business for targeted IDNs
- Work with Regional Sales Directors to develop forecasts for opportunities with a contracted or projected IDN partner
- Coach the Regional Sales Directors and partners to understand the different IDN strategies from internal and external viewpoints.
- Share knowledge to continually train RSDs and partners in regards to any group buys and/or target buys and promotions for the respective assigned IDNs
- Represent Ascom products at tradeshows and events when requested to do so
- Maintain and monitor expenses in accordance with Ascom policy
- Become an independent thinker able to analyze problems and formulate plans to overcome challenges and to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Make sound and logical decisions and choose the appropriate courses of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand and to use continual improvement problem solving skills
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 7 years of progressively responsible sales experience, including 5 years of IDN level experience.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare IT and medical device businesses, specifically capital equipment, to include sales channels, purchasing cycles, Corporate Client purchasing process, competitive and market conditions.
- Knowledge of contractual negotiations and the contract development process
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent ability to manage customer relations while identifying opportunities
- High ability to gain access to key executives of key account customers
- High ability to convert opportunities into orders
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with potential customers.
- Demonstrated ability to gain access to hospital and corporate key executives.
- Demonstrated C-level negotiation skills. Excellent negotiation and contracting skills with above average selling skills
- Ability to successfully demonstrate the value of Ascom’s products, solutions and services
- Ability to make sound, logical and well-informed decisions, plan and execute actions
- Skill to manage cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of management
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of wireless communication sector and Clinical Solutions environment; strong understanding of technical system configurations; and highly knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate product ideas to clients, and to engage and energize others
- High ability to collaborate and build sustainable and effective relationships internally and externally
- If applicable, strong Leadership Skills; high ability to build and manage high-performing teams and to coach individuals
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in the field and travel extensively, about 50-75%,
throughout the United States.
- Cover the business travel expenses and submit reimbursements in accordance with company travel policy.
- Ability to clearly express oneself verbally, and in writing, in the English using good grammar, vocabulary, eye contact and friendly voice inflection with all employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner. Persuasive and expositive skills are also required.
- Excellent business presentation and listening skills. Ability to create and present to different audiences, including executives.
- Excellent customer focus with a high sense of urgency and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong drive and commitment, sense of ownership
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility
- Quick learner, with affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings and how they create values for customers
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com