Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software maintenance of healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a C# .Net Software Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As a C#.NET Software Engineer at Ascom, you will be joining our R&D team to improve and innovate our Patient Systems solutions for healthcare. In this role you will solve complex problems for our customers by creating new or adapting existing software products.
You will develop an understanding of the unique goals of projects and develop and maintain software to broaden Ascom’s product offerings. You will work as part of a cross functional team within a multinational environment, closely collaborating with the wider R&D Team.
Your days will be filled with…
- Designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, and implementation timescales.
- Assessing and developing an understanding of customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software features.
- Providing estimations and assisting the product owners in choosing optimal solutions.
- Supporting the resolution of customer issues, working with software maintenance and refactoring of existing products.
- Translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Participating in design code reviews and collaborating with colleagues to execute improvements both in technology and ways of working, contributing to continuous improvement of the development process.
- Creating technical requirements and design documentation, contributing to user documentation.
- Staying abreast of technical developments and new technologies in relevant areas.
- Cooperating within a cross functional team and within an international setting.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area.
- At least 3 years’ experience of designing and programming software.
- Experience in agile software development and development life cycles.
- Good knowledge of C# .Net.
- Experience with ASP.NET and Web APIs (.NET Core is preferred).
- Experience with Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with a UI framework or library (e.g. Angular, React, …) (desirable).
- Experience with build & deploy automation, DevOps (desirable).
- Experience with unit testing and good understanding of its value.
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented techniques, design principles and patterns.
- The ability to contribute to projects with minimal external help. The ability to promote best practices in the team (S.O.L.I.D.), spot anti patterns, advocate for clean code and offer improvement suggestions.
- Good communication skills and experience in working within a development team following and enforcing agile methodologies.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of latest relevant technology.
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Strong drive and commitment, solution-oriented, with a passion for software and technology.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com