ICT Senior Service Desk Engineer is a position within ICT Operations and Support. The main purpose of this position is to ensure that end users within Ascom are supported as well as ensuring that Ascom’s communication systems, security systems, centralized storage and server platforms are operative, continuously developed and secured.
Your days will be filled with…
- Provide enterprise level technical support to the end users through researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identify solutions to resolve end user issues
- Provide support via phone, web, email, chat, and other channels as required.
- Participates in the overall process within the ICT Service Desk daily as well as within the on-call organization (24x7x365 services) according to Ascom’s on-call agreements
- Responsible for deploying client machines and software packages using centralized tools such as SCCM and Intune.
- In the context of decided ICT related policies and plans, independently responsible for the development and operation of key ICT platforms and services within Ascom.
- Responsible for support tasks in regard to global platforms within Ascom such as but not limited to email, telephony, collaboration and video conferencing.
- Responsible for assisting with support, maintenance and operation of Datacenter infrastructures and cloud environments
- Participates as technical specialist in the planning and operation of the global Ascom ICT platforms and services.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of Ascom ICT related policies
- In cooperation with the ICT Senior management team, prepare for decisions regarding procurements within the area of his/her responsibility
- Participates in the purchasing process regarding ICT related products and services
- Co-operates with internal and external organizations and vendors
- Responsibility to maintain and develop his/her own competence
And you are.....
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related technical discipline Certifications MCSE or Microsoft Azure Administrator
- 3+ years working knowledge and experience with Azure environments and configuration and administration of physical and virtual servers (i.e.,Dell & HPE hardware, VMware & Hyper-V Hypervisors) in a data center environment
- Good knowledge and competence within the area of LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi and TCP/IP based communication platforms.
- Good knowledge within the area of Cyber Security including firewalls, reverse proxies, load balancing systems and certificate infrastructure.
- Deep competence with Office365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint Online platforms.
- Deep competence within the areas of Microsoft AD, Azure AD, Azure Administration, Azure governance, Azure Identity as well as client/server computing and networking in an international multi-site corporate IT environment.
- Good competence within the area of virtualization technologies, storage, and underlying hardware platforms.
- Good competence within the area of DNS management, internal as well as external.
- Ability to speak English fluently as well as to, within the competence area of this position, write general and technical documents
- Ability to work alone as well as to co-operate with others both inside and outside the team and the company
- Being a team player, eager to grow and taking ownership (sometimes even outside of mentioned accountabilities).
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com