Objective and Purpose
The Senior Key Account Manager role is highly strategic and purposeful. He/she is overall responsible for high-value customers (key accounts) in Ascom. He/she manages the relationship with the assigned key accounts and oversees all activities with particular customers. The Senior Key Account Manager invests special time, effort and attention into growing and retaining key account relationships, being a strategic partner who adds value to the customer’s business.
The Senior Key Account Manager fully understands the respective industry sector, customer's demands, plans how to meet these demands, and generates sales for Ascom as a result. He/she acts as the key interface between Ascom and Customers, New Prospects, Solutions/Technical Team, Operations, and Management, and therefore has significant impact on the growth of Ascom. The Senior Key Account Manager is assigned to specific segments (e.g. Healthcare, Enterprise, Integrated Networks (IDN) or Government Accounts). He/she must to have sector specific knowledge and appropriate networks. It is critical that he/she fully understands market drivers, key account customers inside-out in order to add value and customer benefit.
The job holder reports to: Head of Key Accounts
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy within assigned key accounts; develop and implement long-term vision and strategy related to key accounts
• Manage strategic key account plan and fully own relationship to key accounts, aiming to work with entire customer organization and to sell comprehensive solutions
• Constantly monitor market development and protect key accounts from competition
• Establish trust and build loyalty with key account customers
• Plan and meet regularly with key accounts; share industry-specific information and new developments as often as possible
• Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Responsible for growing engagement with key accounts, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and share market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Ensures self and (project) team members have deep understanding of customers’ business models, their overall goals, and their business needs and challenges, and map Ascom’s solutions and products accordingly
• Prospect for new customers and business; generate proposals, initiate and actively participate in bid process where applicable.
• Coordinate the involvement of Ascom subject matter experts in interactions with key account customers, including support, service, and management resources, and keep project teams accountable to deliver service on-time and in high-quality
• Professionally manage and utilize business management systems and tools to monitor and forecast
• If applicable, oversee roles in key account team, constantly ensure that team members effectively execute their responsibilities and tasks. Manage and provide guidance to team, motivate and achieve steady improvements
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Master ‘s degree in business administration, marketing, sales or related field; alternatively, relevant certifications or working experience as Key Account Manager.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales, ideally with distribution channels, preferably with technology driven products and services offered to commercial, institutional and or industrial customers.
• 5 years’ experience in assigned area (e.g. Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), Government accounts.
• Proven track record in account management, assertive selling and relationship building with customers.
• Profound sales experience, and track record of successfully selling into healthcare, retail, hospitality, and industry environments.
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent ability to manage customer relations while identifying opportunities
• High ability to gain access to key executives of key account customers
• High ability to convert opportunities into orders
• Excellent negotiation and contracting skills with above average selling skills
• Ability to successfully demonstrate the value of Ascom’s products, solutions and services
• Ability to make sound, logical and well-informed decisions, plan and execute actions
• Skill to manage cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of management
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of wireless communication sector and Clinical Solutions environment; strong understanding of technical system configurations; and highly knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate product ideas to clients, and to engage and energize others.
• High ability to collaborate and build sustainable and effective relationships internally and externally
• If applicable, strong Leadership Skills; high ability to build and manage high-performing teams and to coach individuals.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong drive and commitment, sense of ownership
• Ability to perform in stressful environment and meet deadlines, whilst dealing with several task at
the same time
• Forward and adaptable thinker, visionary and strategic thinking
• Achievement mindset; shows a preference for action and an eagerness to take the initiative.
• Highly responsive and customer focused, enjoys working with people
• Works well under pressure, enjoys selling and is willing to go the extra-mile
• Strong collaborator and team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility
• Quick learner, with affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings and how they create values for customers.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com