As Senior R&D Manager at Ascom Romania, you will lead the local R&D team in delivering global objectives. You will manage the team and will build relationships internally and externally to promote the work of the team, to develop the talent employed and to promote Ascom Romania as an employer of choice, sourcing new talent to meet local and global needs.
In this role you will be a member of the Ascom R&D global leadership team and will be responsible for the development of assigned product lines and components. You will join us at an exciting time, collaborating with global and regional product management functions and with global technical architects you will be involved in the cloud transition of Ascom software products.
This role is based in our office in Cluj-Napoca, Ascom provides the opportunity for hybrid working.
Your days will be filled with...
- Ensuring the contribution of the Ascom Romania R&D team towards global objectives
- Growing the team and delivery capacity through a mix of recruitment and engagement with development partners
- Providing leadership and management to the team, steering multiple scrum teams
- Ensuring that quality and procedure requirements are achieved, and that the team is able to identify customer and stakeholder requirements and how these translate into software features using relevant technology
- Ensuring the team is appropriately developed and engaged, and that key talent is retained
- Developing links with partners, universities, etc, becoming an ambassador of Ascom Romania to attract new talent
- Staying abreast of technical developments and new technologies in relevant areas
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the development process
- Participating in relevant internal and external audit and assessment processes
- Contributing to the wellbeing of employees, interfacing with the HR partner for Romania
We're looking for someone who has…
- An MSc in a technical field
- Substantial (5+ years) leadership in a Software development environment
- Proven operation in complex multi-national & multi-cultural environments
- Demonstrable people management skills & good people skills (experienced in steering multiple scrum teams)
- Previous experience of successful recruitment
- Experience of agile development methodologies and associated tool chains
- Strong organisational skills (work organisation and projects)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in an international and multicultural environment in English
- Benefits from innovation skills and interest in modern software development practices inclusive cloud, AI, etc.
- Experience in the medical device industry
- A result-focused approach, is pro-active and able to set priorities, with focus on high-quality deliverables
- Strong customer orientation with an empathetic attitude, and talent to engage and motivate others
- The ability to balance time and energy to focus on what matters most, set priorities, and deliver
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com