Ascom products help healthcare professionals to provide the right care and improve patients’ lives every day.
As an Automation Test Engineer with Ascom you will be an integral part of the development and testing of our existing and newly developed software. You will design and implement automated and manual tests to ensure that the software created by our developers fits its purpose. You will work as part of a cross functional team within a multinational environment, closely collaborating with the wider R&D Team.
This role is based in our office in Cluj-Napoca, Ascom provides the opportunity for hybrid working.
Your days will be filled with...
- Defining and executing test cases and test scenarios, both automatic and manual for mobile applications to ensure that the design and development outputs meet the input requirements
- Closely collaborating with developers, and other project members within Global R&D
- Ensuring high-quality and compliance with regulatory applicable standards
- Creating and reviewing requirement documents and test specifications
- Detecting, tracking and analysing software defects and inconsistencies
- Preparing reports on aspects related to software testing, reporting defects identified in test objects within our defect tracking system
We're looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, Software Engineering, or comparable
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in similar position
- 2 years of work experience gained in agile development and fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with standard test processes for software verification (ISTQB Foundation certification or similar)
- Experience gained from product and system testing in complex environments
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases for mobile applications
- Experience with software configuration management
- Experience with a programming language (Python, Java, Xcode)
- Experience with performance/load/stress testing tools (e.g. JMeter) (desirable)
- Experience with Web app testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Webdriver.IO) (desirable)
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 19 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com