Objective and Purpose
The Sales Consultant (Clinical) manages the relationship with the customers of the accounts he/she is assigned to and oversees all activities with particular customers, with the goal to create long-term relationships. The Sales Consultant (Clinical) serves to understand the customer's demands, plan how to meet these demands, and generate sales for Ascom as a result. He/she acts as the key interface between Ascom and Customers, New Prospects, Solutions/Technical Team, Operations, and Management, and therefore has significant impact on the growth of Ascom.
The job holder reports to: Senior Account Manager
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development of the sales strategy for Ascom software solution Digi-Stat
• Operate and sell within high acuity environments such as ICU/HDU/CCU/Theatres and Operating Rooms
• Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy within assigned accounts
• Create strategic account plan (in cooperation with team) and fully owns execution of measures
• Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Responsible for growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and share market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Responsible for highly effective and trustful working relationships with customers at all stages of the relationship through pro-active strategic account reviews and by managing the communication between customers and internal project teams
• Ensures self and team members have deep understanding of customers’ business models, their overall goals, and their business needs and challenges, and map Ascom’s solutions and products accordingly
• Prospect for new customers and business; generate proposals, initiate and actively participate in bid process where applicable.
• Coordinate the involvement of Ascom subject matter experts in interactions with customers, including support, service, and management resources, and keep project teams accountable to deliver service on-time and in high-quality
• Provide coaching and support for team members to be able to exceed client expectations.
• Professionally manage and utilise business management systems and tools to monitor and forecast responsible accounts
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Qualified Nurse DIP/Degree
• At least 3 years of working experience as Senior Staff Nurse (Band 6 level)
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, sales or related field; alternatively relevant certifications (e.g. Strategic Account Manager Certification); alternatively relevant working experiences in sales or account management
• 3-5 years’ experience in key account management or in similar leadership roles, preferably with technology driven products and services offered to commercial, institutional and or industrial customers
• Proven track record in account management, assertive selling and relationship building with customers
• Profound sales experience, especially proven track record in sales execution, direct and indirect, and value based (complex) solution sales including software
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent customer focus and stakeholder management skills
• High ability to operate and communicate at a clinical level (understand the clinical language)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of wireless communication sector and Clinical Solutions environment
• Strong understanding of technical system configurations; and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio
• Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
• High ability to collaborate and build sustainable and effective relationships
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to organize self and manage priorities within team
• Achievement mindset; shows a preference for action and an eagerness to take the initiative.
• Highly responsive and customer focused, enjoys working with people
• Works well under pressure, enjoys selling and is willing to go the extra-mile
• Analytical and structured personality, detailed oriented
• Strong collaborator and team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility
• Empathic attitude and talent to engage and motivate others
• Quick learner, with affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings and how they create values for customers
• This job description supersedes and replaces any existing job description between the employee and Ascom.