As a C#.NET Software Engineer at Ascom, you will be joining our R&D team to improve and innovate our communication solutions for healthcare, industry, security and retail. In this role you will solve complex problems for our customers by creating new or adapting existing software products.
You will develop an understanding of the unique goals of projects and develop and maintain software to broaden Ascom’s product offerings. You will provide software development leadership and guidance to other members of the team and will work as part of a cross functional team within a multinational environment, closely collaborating with the wider R&D Team.
This role is based in our office in Cluj-Napoca, Ascom provides the opportunity for hybrid working.
Your days will be filled with...
- Designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, and implementation timescales
- Assessing and developing an understanding of customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software features
- Providing estimations and assisting the product owners in choosing optimal solutions
- Translating functional requirements into technical specifications
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the team
- Identifying synergies between products with respect to software, and collaborating to align coding practices and solutions in different teams
- Coaching other software engineers in design and implementation in an efficient and high-quality way, maximising customer value
- Creating technical requirements and design documentation, contributing to user documentation
- Staying abreast of technical developments and new technologies in relevant areas
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the development process (including tools and delivery pipeline)
- Cooperating within a cross functional team and within an international setting
We're looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area
- Experience of designing and programming software
- Excellent knowledge of .Net Framework and C#
- Experience with ASP.NET and Web APIs (.NET Core is preferred)
- Experience with Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with unit testing and good understanding of its value
- Practical knowledge of object-oriented techniques, design principles and patterns
- Ability to independently run complex projects and provide project and team leadership
- Experience in driving a team as technical lead
- Ability to promote best practices in the team, spot anti patterns and offer improvement suggestions
- Good communication skills and experience in working within a development team following and enforcing agile methodologies
- Experience with a UI framework or library (e.g. Angular, React, …) (desirable)
- Experience with build & deploy automation, DevOps (desirable)
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Strong drive and commitment, solution-oriented, with a passion for software and technology
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 19 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com