The Strategic Account Manager role is highly tactical and purposeful. He/she is overall responsible for high-value customers (key accounts) in Ascom. They manage the relationship with the assigned key accounts and oversee all activities with particular customers. The Strategic Key Account Manager invests special time, effort, and attention into growing and retaining key account relationships, being a tactical partner who adds value to the customer’s business.
The Strategic Account Manager fully understands the respective industry sector and customer’s demands, plans how to meet these demands, and generates sales for Ascom. They act as the key interface between Ascom and Customers, New Prospects, Solutions/Technical Team, Operations, and Management, and therefore have a significant impact on the growth of Ascom.
The Strategic Account Manager is assigned to specific segments (e.g., Healthcare, Enterprise, Integrated Networks (IDN), or Government Accounts). They must have sector-specific knowledge and appropriate networks. It is critical that they fully understand market drivers and key account customers inside-out to add value and customer benefit.
Your days will be filled with....
- Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy within assigned key accounts; develop and implement long-term vision and strategy related to key accounts.
- Manage key account plan and fully own relationship to key accounts, aiming to work with the entire customer organization and to sell comprehensive solutions.
- Constantly monitor market development and protect critical accounts from competition.
- Establish trust and build loyalty with key account customers.
- Plan and meet regularly with key accounts; share industry-specific information and new developments as often as possible.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Responsible for growing engagement with key accounts and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales.
- Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and share market intelligence back to the company, along with field concerns, issues, and requirements.
- Ensures self and team members have a deep understanding of customers’ business models, their overall goals, and their business needs and challenges, and map Ascom’s solutions and products accordingly.
- Prospect for new customers and business; generate proposals; initiate and actively participate in bid process where applicable.
- Coordinate the involvement of Ascom subject matter experts in interactions with key account customers, including support, service, and management resources, and keep project teams accountable to deliver service on time and at high-quality.
- Professionally manage and utilize business management systems and tools to monitor and forecast.
- If applicable, oversee key account team roles, constantly ensuring that team members effectively execute their responsibilities and tasks. Manage and provide guidance to the team, motivate and achieve steady improvements.
We are looking for someone who has...
- Master ‘s degree in business administration, marketing, sales, or related field; alternatively, relevant certifications or working experience as Strategic Account Manager
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales, ideally with distribution channels, preferably with technology-driven products and services offered to commercial, institutional, and or industrial customers
- 5 years’ experience in assigned area (e.g. Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), Government accounts
- Proven track record in account management, assertive selling and relationship building with customers
- Profound sales experience and track record of successfully selling into healthcare, retail, hospitality, and industry environments
- Excellent ability to manage customer relations while identifying opportunities.
- High ability to gain access to key executives of key account customers.
- High ability to convert opportunities into orders.
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills with above-average selling skills.
- Ability to successfully demonstrate the value of Ascom’s products, solutions, and services.
- Ability to make sound, logical, and well-informed decisions, plan and execute actions.
- Skill in managing cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of management.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Clinical Solutions environment; strong understanding of technical system configurations; and highly knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate product ideas to clients and to engage and energize others.
- High ability to collaborate and build sustainable and effective relationships internally and externally.
- If applicable, strong Leadership Skills; high ability to build and manage high-performing teams and to coach individuals.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive and commitment, sense of ownership
- Ability to perform in a stressful environment and meet deadlines while dealing with several tasks at the same time
- Forward and adaptable thinker, visionary and strategic thinking
- Achievement mindset; shows a preference for action and an eagerness to take the initiative.
- Highly responsive and customer-focused enjoys working with people.
- Works well under pressure, enjoys selling, and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility.
- Quick learner with an affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings, and how they create value for customers.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology. To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com