The personal health and safety of our employees, business partners, and many healthcare customers remains our highest priority and responsibility during this outbreak. Therefore, we offer all appropriate options to our employees and partners in order to maintain the highest possible level of safety and business continuity for all.
Ascom instructed all employees to reduce all non-critical business travel and face-to-face meetings until further notice. In addition, we are working diligently to convert all physical meetings into virtual calls. Working from home and social distancing is encouraged. In addition, Ascom Americas adheres to the latest guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
We are committed to supporting our customers, suppliers, partners and employees in this challenging situation, and have a business plan for both its global and regional objectives. This plan includes business continuity supported by clear accountabilities, methodology, escalation and communication chains for crisis management. In addition, Ascom is strictly following all local regulations communicated by the health authorities of each country.
- Ascom will not cancel customer visits unless advised by the customer or local authorities to do so.
- If customers or other business counterparts have implemented guidance or processes to avoid the spread of COVID-19, we follow these rules.
- We further monitor and follow local authorities’ regulations as these evolve during the crisis and follow this guidance per region as issued.
- We advised our employees to stop handshakes, and to keep a minimum distance of 6 feet apart.
- The impact to customer care is limited as long as remote access to installations is guaranteed. We are set up for remote access to our VPN for all relevant staff, and have capabilities to remotely troubleshoot customer installations should this be required.
- Support for hardware is ensured. In the highly unlikely scenario of having all technicians in quarantine, Ascom could ship hardware to the customer and remotely guide them on replacement.
- Ascom has sufficient inventory and monitors our supply chain on a daily basis and adapts if necessary.