We need to strengthen our R&D department in Göteborg with a Software Engineer for embedded software development in C++ for wireless feature phones and base stations. The feature phones and base station products are part of a larger system offering used within health care for real time communication and collaboration including emergency alarm handling. We are working with several radio technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth and DECT. Our products are used for mission critical applications with high demands on security and reliability.
Development of new products are done in multifunctional agile development teams consisting of competences from usability, software, radio, electronics, mechanics, test and production. Additional feature development is done in Agile teams consisting of software- and test- developers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Understand customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software solutions
- Create technical requirements
- Design and implement new features in C++ for embedded systems
- Design and implement new features in data communication protocols including wireless communication.
- Design and implement automated tests for implemented software
- Initiate and participate in design and code reviews
- Create design documentation.
- Support in resolution of customer issues
Education and skills
- Masters’ degree in computer science or similar.
- Very good knowledge and experience from embedded sw design in C++
- Good knowledge about low level software design (drivers etc.)
- Knowledge about hardware design
- Good knowledge about data communication protocols (TCP/IP, SIP, WiFi, Bluetooth etc.)
- Good knowledge about Security (Authentication, encryption, certificate handling etc.)
- Very good knowledge about SW tools (Cross compilers, Git, Jenkins, Jira etc.)
- Good knowledge about agile software development
- Fluent in English in both speech and writing.
- Swedish in speech.
- Strong team player with a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong drive and commitment, detail-oriented, with a passion for software and technology
- Curiosity and seeks to understand the “why” behind a feature and a problem
- Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment
- Analytical and structured personality
- Quick learner with a flexible mindset
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects.
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
Questions and application
Please apply with a CV in English using the link attached as soon as possible. Interviews will be held continously so send in your application today!
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com