Ascom is a global solutions provider with a strong focus on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. With our headquarters in Switzerland and a history spanning 160 years, we are dedicated to empowering the healthcare industry through innovative technology, enabling them to better serve their communities.
Our systems are the backbone of over 12,000 hospitals worldwide, processing an astonishing 800 million alerts each year. With our solutions, we are improving the lives of those who rely on the hospitals and care homes we partner with. Together, we can make a real difference in the lives of people who benefit from our technology.
As a Software Engineer at Ascom, you'll play a central role in our ICT team. Your focus will be on product development in Agile projects and software maintenance for our existing products. You'll collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand project objectives and then create and maintain software that enhances Ascom's product offerings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Execute the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and propose solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code and produce detailed specifications while considering operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and assess user feedback.
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience with a proven track record as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework.
- Experience in designing interactive applications.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in developing software using C#.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL.
- Capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and a deep understanding of business needs.
- Strong business collaboration skills and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Integration experience with ServiceNow.
What We Offer You:
- Dynamic team
- A company you can take pride in.
- Inspiring and collaborative colleagues.
- Abundant opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology in the healthcare industry.
- Flexible remote work
Join Us and Make an Impact:
If you want to be part of a passionate team, make a significant impact on our company's financial success, and further develop your expertise in general accounting and management control, we look forward to receiving your application.