Does the idea of being at the forefront of developing customer focussed technical solutions, translating customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications interest you? If so, then joining us as an Application Engineer might be perfect for you!
As an Application Engineer with Ascom (UK) Ltd, you’ll provide technical expertise by performing hands-on configuration, both onsite and remotely, during installation and integration activities. You’ll use various technologies, such as HTML, SQL, T-SQL and Microsoft.net core 2.2, to develop software that maximises our customers’ user experience. You’ll work alongside engineers and product specialists to investigate and resolve any complex issues affecting product functionality.
Your days will be filled with…
- Delivering activities as part of the Professional Services team, including analysis of requirements, design, installation, commissioning and hand-over of customer solutions.
- Designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, implementation time and production of the product.
- Understanding customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate into software features.
- Collaborating with global development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions based on specifications.
- Using a range of languages, including HTML and CSS to build the front-end of applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Working closely with engineering experts and product specialists to troubleshoot, debug, upgrade and resolve any complex software issues.
- Writing, maintaining and updating technical documentation.
- Receiving and immediately managing customer feedback and complaints professionally to minimise the impact on customers and ensure a high-quality resolution of issues.
- Strictly following Ascom’s process guidelines for project documentation.
- Collaborating and supporting cross-functionally and contributing to increased team performance within Professional Services.
In this role you will be required to travel domestically and internationally as necessary, providing support at customer sites when required. To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We're looking for someone who has…
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar position (software/application engineering or development)
- Experience in developing desktop and mobile applications, ideally within an agile environment
- Proven experience of using SQL and T-SQL to interreact with relational databases
- Knowledge of numerous back-end languages (C#, Java, Python) and .Net framework
- Experience with server hardware and/or Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Experience in technical / IT-related troubleshooting
- Knowledge of medical device regulations (advantageous)
- Experience with communication, network or medical systems
- Excellent time management skills combined with the ability to prioritise and organise
- Good communication, teamwork and customer service skills
- Ability to write well-constructed reports and technical documentation
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com