Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software maintenance of healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a Senior Software Engineer role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Research & Development team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care.
The Senior Software Engineer is a central position within R&D, typically software developers who focus on product development in (Agile) DLP projects and software maintenance of existing Ascom products. He/she performs needed evaluations with relevant stakeholders to understand the unique goals of each project and then develops and maintains software to broaden Ascom’s products and offerings. Depending on expertise and projects, the Senior Software Engineer might focus on the development of Ascom software solutions (e.g. Cloud-based products, of software for 5G smart phones, or other types of projects).
Your days will be filled with…
- Applying your knowledge of all phases of new product introduction including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
- Responsible for designing and implementing optimal software solutions with regards to functionality, reliability, performance, implementation time and production of the product
- Stay abreast with technical developments and new technologies, and integrate into software and solutions if adding value
- Design and develop software that meet the requirements for functionality, reliability, interoperability, service delivery, maintainability by applying development processes, software engineering methods and standards
- Reduce low quality and defects and development lead time by rigorous adherence to agile methods
- Initiate and participate in design reviews and collaborate with colleagues to execute improvements
- Responsible for verification of own software modules and to participate in the verification of the complete software product
- Provide support and advice to other Software Engineers at Ascom
- Providing software design solutions regarding functionality, reliability, interoperability, production, costs and development time.
- Leading product and system design reviews.
- Leading analysis and recommend actions regarding maintenance.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you are…
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in similar position
- Proven track-record of designing and programming software
- Experience in agile development software and development life cycles
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent general IT skills and knowledge of all common software development technologies, programming languages and tools.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE) etc.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Ability to implement software designs from requirements and/or from design specifications
- Ability to manage interdependencies (e g Windows Servers, Firewall) and integrate this knowledge into product development
- Expert knowledge and deep understanding of latest technology (e.g. Cloud technology, 5G)
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio: deep knowledge of and technical expertise in Ascom systems and solutions
- Strong problem diagnosis and problem-solving skills
Great attention to detail and time management skills
Skills in coaching and giving feedback.
Strong drive and commitment, detail-oriented, with a passion for software and technology
Independent worker with ability to perform in stressful environment and to meet deadlines
Analytical and structured personality
Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Quick learner with a flexible mindset
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com