Does the idea of working in an exciting fast-paced digital technology company resonate with you? Ascom’s Professional Services team is responsible for the overall delivery of Ascom solutions to our clients. Does managing implementation teams, consisting of Project Managers, Engineers, Technical Trainers, workflow and implementation Consultants, whilst providing excellent customer service, sound like a role that you would excel at? If so, then a Delivery Manager role with us might be perfect for you!
Your days will be filled with…
- Recruiting and growing the delivery organisation within country; ensure the development of the team’s skills and competencies to enable delivery of complex solution offerings
- Directing and managing employee productivity on customer engagements
- Managing financials and key metrics and KPI to measure organisational performance, and provide accurate and timely reporting
- Drive processes, methods and tools related to specific service offerings and for the whole organisation
- Develop and build Ascom’s consulting services offerings
- Proactively drive knowledge sharing between our regions and develop a network of regional key individuals in order to have a global pool of competence
- Support regional sales in complex projects
- Ensure Regional Projects and delivery revenue recognition
- Develop the UK organisation’s capability to address opportunities such as bid requests in a responsive and concise manner
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
We're looking for someone who has…
- University (master’s degree) in Business Economics & Management or Operational Technology or related field
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP professional, IPMA minimum level B)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Professional Services in an international environment
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading and managing complex, large international ICT projects
- At least 3 years of leadership experience and proven track record of successfully improving team performance in customer delivery projects
- Excellent programme and strategic management skills: ability to transfer strong business acumen and organisational knowledge into value-adding actions
- Deep understanding of markets and industry, including technological trends and developments
- Financial and digital savvy: ability to work with forecasts, manage budgets, KPIs, benchmarks and translate analytic insights into action
- Solid knowledge and high awareness and ability to navigate complexities across cultures
- Strong Leadership Skills and the ability to plan and manage resources
- Ability to develop and mentor individuals and teams to improve skill sets
- Ability to identify value add opportunities within the organisation
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills; high ability to build relationships globally
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, especially communication and conflict management
- Strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Strategic and network thinking; entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to manage in ambiguous environments, under pressure, and still meet key objectives
To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the UK (sponsorship is not available) and be able to work from our office in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com