Does the idea of working within a professional Customer Care Team solving escalated, complex issues whilst providing excellent customer service sound like a role that you would excel at? If so, then a Second Line Support Engineer role with us might be perfect for you!
As a Second Line Support Engineer with Ascom (UK) Ltd, you’ll work from our offices in Lichfield, Staffordshire, and will be at the forefront of investigating, maintaining, correcting and improving established systems at various levels, working with our central and local service teams.
Your days will be filled with…
- Troubleshooting, researching, and collaborating with peers to solve escalated customer issues or requests;
- Providing timely responses to assigned customer issues, responding to customer service requests effectively;
- Providing support related services including investigation, troubleshooting, complaint handling, fault handling and resolution;
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service through efficient and accurate handling and documentation of incidents;
- Running technical testing according to test protocols, ensuring high-quality outcomes;
- Communicating with customers and colleagues, researching issues and proposing solutions;
- Measuring customer satisfaction after the resolution of incidents and issues;
- Escalating issues to the Third Line Support Team where necessary;
- Documenting activity relating to incidents, issues and service requests within JIRA;
- Providing coaching and development to First Line Support colleagues, fostering continuous collaboration and knowledge exchange within support teams;
- Driving continuous improvement of processes to maximise performance; working to KPIs and performance delivery targets.
In this role you will work from our office in Lichfield, Staffordshire and may travel to provide support at customer sites. You will participate in the after hours/weekend rota to ensure customer support coverage.
We're looking for someone who has…
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics, ICT or equivalent
- Gained significant experience in a technical system engineering position (or similar) within the IT, telecommunication or healthcare sector
- Experience with communication, network or medical systems
- Experience with Desktop Operating systems
- Expert knowledge on Windows Server environments and enterprise network environments (Routing, Switching, Wireless networks, TCP/IP)
- Experience in technical / IT-related troubleshooting, including SQL
- ITIL Certification
- Excellent troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to prioritise and organise
- Excellent customer service, communication and negotiation skills
To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the UK (sponsorship is not available) and be able to work from our office in Lichfield, Staffordshire.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
A global solutions provider, focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com