Ascom is an innovative healthcare company, partnering with ambitious customers globally to help them bring their vision to life. Our software and digital communication solutions provide safety, security and efficiency to hospitals, long-term care institutions and other industries. We are looking for skilled, driven, and creative individuals with a strong passion for growth – and therefore we need you!
About the role:
The main purpose for Ascom Sourcing is to manage our product portfolio to control spend, capacity and environmental impact for Ascom suppliers. The Head of Sourcing is a senior role where you will lead, manage, and improve the work within the Sourcing Team to meet Ascom’s business objectives. You will develop, own, and enable the global sourcing process implementation. You will oversee the procurement of supplies and are on top of pricing trends. You will report to an experienced manager who will give you the freedom to act and the support you need to excel in your role. This role is based in Gothenburg.
Among your main responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and implement Global Sourcing strategy to determine competitive solutions for manufacturing and services.
- Develop supplier relationships by driving cost negotiations and risk mitigations.
- Communicate with vendors on performance improvements, cost reductions and maintenance of best-in-class quality standards.
- Research and analyze vendors for best cost, quality, risk, and capacity.
- Deliver solutions to drive continued business success to secure best cost and payment terms.
- Implement and manage long-term contract agreements to deliver the best quality, delivery, environmental and cost.
- Manage and lead daily and weekly sourcing activities in a multi sourcing country environment.
- Set and execute cost saving projects and targets to meet company goals.
- Assist teams in setting priorities and readjusting when required as business needs.
- Manage all sourcing activities in all New Product Developments, including purchasing initial samples.
- Collaborate and have good relationships with stakeholders within Ascom.
You are a business oriented, experienced leader with solid judgement and an ability to negotiate and sustain good relationships. With your enhanced interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, it is easy for you to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners/suppliers. To be able to succeed in this role you should be solution oriented and have well developed reasoning skills with the ability to see the big picture. You have integrity and demonstrate calmness under pressure. Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to take responsibility will take you long!
Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Solid Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Skilled in managing figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Excellent communication skills, addressing all levels within organizations with impact
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, especially persuasion and influencing, motivation and leading others
- Excellent Leadership Skills: high ability to build and manage high-performing teams and to coach individuals
- Fluent in Swedish and English
Your education and experience:
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, or an equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a Sourcing Manager or Procurement Manager
- At least 3 years of direct leadership experience in global, multi-cultural environment
- Working experience in the IT, telecommunication, or healthcare sector
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating across teams and geographies in an international environment
- Project and change management experience
We work with an ongoing selection, so submit your application as soon as possible, no later than 2023-09-26.