Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions headquartered in Switzerland and has business in 18 countries. The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for a dynamic member for our global legal team in the role as Legal Counsel in order to support mainly our business in the UK, but also other countries (e.g. USA).
The position is a hybrid role, working in the Office up to 3 times per week & based in Lichfield, Staffordshire. The job may include travelling to Switzerland and possibly, other countries from time to time.
- Provide clear, business-minded legal advice to business and function counterparts
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of Contracts
- Ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations (GDPR)
- Handle litigation cases and supervise external Counsels
- Establish and improve templates, standards and processes
- Maintain, improve and protect intellectual property rights
- Conduct regular legal and compliance training
- Support in local or group-wide projects
- Active support of and close cooperation with the other legal team members (in Netherlands, Nordics and Germany)
Required qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in an international company in the ICT sector or in an international commercial law firm
- University degree (Master of Law or equivalent)
- Strong experience in contract law (ideally also under common law), employment law and, with GDPR
- Bar admission and/or further legal education (LLM) is an advantage
- Strong business oriented mindset with the ability to balance legal requirements against business needs
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Able to work well independently and on own initiative
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and can do mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Straight-forward, discrete, empathic and trustworthy personality
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
Are you interested in the role?
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative and growth is both expected and appreciated. If this sounds interesting and challenging, we are looking forward to receiving your application.