Are you someone who would enjoy working with product development and software testing in healthcare technology? Does the sound of working as part of a global R&D team excite you? If so, then a Senior Software Developer in Test role with us might be what you’re looking for. The Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) will work with the R&D division at Ascom US Inc. Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) is responsible for determining how to best test Ascom products and solutions, as part of implementation within a Development Launch project. With testing, Ascom assures that products meet applicable specifications. The SDET Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing automated tests to ensure the software created by our developers fits its purpose.
Ascom is an innovative healthcare company and international provider of solutions focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflows. We partner with ambitious customers globally to help them bring their vision to life. Our software and digital communication solutions provide safety, security, and efficiency to hospitals, long-term care institutions, and other industries. As part of our Research & Development teams, you would be at the forefront of our business and building solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert healthcare.
Your days will be filled with…
- Proactively get involved in early stages of the engineering design process.
- Creates highly reusable automation tests for continuous integration.
- Partners with engineering teams to ensure automated testing is fully enabled.
- Creates and refines automation tools, triages, and stabilizes unreliable tests and optimize tests to increase capacity.
- Advocates for quality in all products.
- Provide training, coaching and feedback to colleagues.
- Closely collaborate with developers, and other project members within Global R&D.
- Create test cases for verification activities; perform tests, to ensure that the design and development outputs meet the input requirements.
- Ensure high-quality and compliance with regulatory applicable standards for example (ISO development, environmental, health and safety and other applicable): this is with regards to products being tested as well as with regards to own work behavior.
- Ensure that identified improvement opportunities in the test processes are addressed.
- Report found defects in test object in our defect tracking system.
- Report progress and test result outcomes.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you possess…
- Bachelor’s degree: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in in a SDET or test automation engineer role.
- Experience with test automation frameworks, e.g., Selenium.
- Experience in containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating automated tests for continuous integration.
- Experience in C# .NET.
- Experience with API/RESTful services.
- Experience with the development technologies or similar industry tools.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com