Are you someone who loves to analyze and design tasks required to develop the solution architecture? Do you enjoy working on complex projects and having several running at the same time? If so, then a Solution Architect - Healthcare, role with us might be what you’re looking for. As part of our Sales team, you’ll be at the forefront of our business and designing solutions that ultimately help our customers provide expert care.
The Software Architect healthcare is a central position within R&D who focus on product development in (Agile) DLP projects and software maintenance of existing Ascom products.
He/she drives the software architecture for assigned product(s) and takes part in system wide architectural discussions and sometimes takes the lead in elaborations for large features and designs solutions including several products and/or components. He/she understands the unique goals of each project and develops and maintains software to broaden Ascom’s products and offerings.
Your days will be filled with…
- Leads the architectural vision for design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on reusability, scalability, performance and software security
- Drive development efficiency by regularly evaluating and renewing development environment, code repository management and configuration (e.g. branch strategy), build process, coding guidelines etc.
- Monitor adherence to development standards in architecture, application design, development, and testing frameworks
- Produces both high-level and detailed designs for core services
- Promote and coach engineers on how to produce clean, scalable, modular, secure, well-structured and testable code and drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Defines patterns and identifies reusable components and libraries to optimize software products
- Clearly communicates architectural recommendations, decisions, and impediments to key stakeholders
- Support the Line Manager and Project Manager(s) with respect to software planning. Make time estimates during project as well as early estimations (napkins) bases on high level function descriptions of not yet planned work. Conceptualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation
- Identify synergies between products with respect to software and collaborate to align coding practices and solutions in different teams
- Responsible for adhering to operational documents and procedures
- Reduce low quality and defects and development lead time by rigorous adherence to agile methods
- Stay abreast with technical developments and new technologies in relevant areas. Ensure that technologies used are competitive and up to date and meet overall customer requirements
- Understand customer and stakeholder requirements and how they translate in software features. Actively contribute to requirement analysis and definition and promote, supervise and participate in design review meetings that focus on assigned platforms
Responsible for correct use of 3rd party software
- Collaborate and provide support and technical expertise to product managers and others in the organization
- Participate in implementation and verification activities within the team and support in resolution of customer issues. Promote and contribute to test automation
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in computer science or related area
- At least 15 years’ experience in designing and programming software and systems
- Experience in agile software development and development life cycles
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent general IT skills
- Excellent skills of applicable programming languages, methods and tools
- Excellent knowledge of software platforms, software and architectural design patterns
- Good knowledge about software security
- Knowledge and deep understanding of latest relevant technology
- Very good knowledge of the software development process (DLP process) and applicable knowledge of quality regulations in the medical device industry and other relevant areas
- Strong problem diagnosis and problem-solving skills
- Mentoring skills
- Expert knowledge in specific domains or technology areas
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio and detailed knowledge of the products that the team is responsible for
- Strong customer focus and ability to understand customer requirements
- Strong drive and commitment, solution-oriented and innovative, with a passion for software and technology
- Curiosity and seeks to understand the “why” behind a feature and a problem
- Independent worker with ability to perform in a high-pace environment and to meet deadlines
- Analytical and structured personality
- Strong team player with high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player with a supportive mindset
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com