The Channel Manager is a key role within the Ascom Partner Program. He/she wins, manages, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners and is responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy for Channel Partners (Resellers) within the regional market place. His/her responsibility covers delivering against agreed sales targets and contributing to achieve the overall Regional sales targets. The Channel Manager represents Ascom through a range of products and services though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market.
The job holder reports to: Team leader Channel Managers
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Proactively lead partner planning process to develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining highly satisfactory, responsive working relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Sell Ascom products and offerings to end-users through partner organizations in close coordination with partner sales resources
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Manage and professionally resolve potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels with excellent communication, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements
- Ensure CRM and other business management systems are maintained and updated frequently including forecast of responsible accounts
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel
- Drive adoption of Ascom programs among assigned partners and proactively recruits new qualifying partners
- Coordinates the involvement of internal resources, including support, service, and management, in order to meet partner’s expectations and performance objectives
Requirements - Qualifications and Work Experience
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree marketing, sales or related field
- At least 2 years’ experiences in channel sales, ideally selling technology driven products and services to commercial, institutional and or industrial customers
- Proven track record within indirect Sales with focus on value-based complex solution sales, including software
- Profound sales experience, and track record of successully selling into healthcare, retail, hospitality, and industry environments
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent ability to manage partner relations while identifying opportunities
- High ability to convert opportunities into orders
- Ability to successfully demonstrate the value of Ascom’s products, solutions and services
- Strong knowledge and understanding of wireless communication sector and Clinical Solutions environment; strong understanding of technical system configurations; and knowledgeable about Ascom products portfolio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage and energize others
- High ability to collaborate and build sustainable and effective relationships
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Achievement mindset; shows a preference for action and an eagerness to take the initiative
- Highly responsive and customer focused, enjoys working with people
- Works well under pressure, enjoys selling and is willing to go the extra-mile
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to take ownership and responsibility
- Quick learner, with affinity towards technical and IT-related topics, Ascom’s products and offerings and how they create values for customers
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re a person with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we’re here to help you do that by:
Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
And you are…
Tertiary qualified in Business, Technology, or a related discipline with experience in sales execution of both direct and indirect. Selling technology driven products and services to a commercial, institutional, or industrial customers is a huge plus. We would love to hear more about you so please send us your resume.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com