This is an opportunity to work in a global company in an exciting and meaningful business, being part of an organization that really make a difference in Healthcare worldwide.
To our team within hardware design we are looking for a Component Engineer, where you will be part of an experienced team of 14 helpful team members. Overall your responsibility is to maintain the component information database, administrate the article register for purchased parts and components, but also contact and coordinate with component suppliers, mainly regarding technical issues.
We are looking for a person with an engineering background, with a couple of years’ working experience as a component engineer, HW designer or similar.
Work tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide information of components to all R&D, purchasing, support and production groups and departments.
- Assist in the choice of components.
- Develop ways to make the component information easily available for the users.
- Develop routines and guidelines for component registration.
- Coordinate and conduct supplier visits to the R&D Department in Gothenburg.
- Review of components for development and maintenance.
- Coordinate verification of prototypes (for product maintenance)
- Good knowledge of electronic components and the supply chain.
- Good knowledge of suppliers and assortments.
- Good understanding of the resulting costs at different component choices.
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge of the PLM data system and related tools.
- Fluent in English both written and oral is a must, Swedish is an advantage
- It is considered advantageous if you also have knowledge/experience of working with Windchill
To be successful in this role you need to have a good ability to co-operate with others both inside and outside the organization, but at the same time be able to drive your own work and take responsibility. Furthermore, we believe you are a person who likes to work with processes and with quality in focus.
Contact and Application
Are you interested in the job? Please submit your application through the apply button.
A global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for close to 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com