Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Our systems are used in over 12,000 hospitals worldwide and handle more than 800 million alerts each year (over 2 million alerts a day!). Our solutions positively impact the lives of everyone who visits 1 of the hospitals or care-homes we work with.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
WE love to give YOU…
- A company to be proud of.
- Inspiring and engaging colleagues.
- Good development opportunities.
- State-of-the-art technology in the healthcare industry.
Does the idea of working within a professional Customer Care Team, solving escalated, complex issues whilst providing excellent customer service, sound like a role that you would excel at; if so, then a Second Line Support Engineer role with us might be perfect for you!
As a Second Line Support Engineer with Ascom (UK) Ltd, you’ll work on site supporting one of our Tier 1 Customers in Central London with occasional travel for training etc.. to our Head Office in Lichfield, Staffordshire, and will be at the forefront of investigating, maintaining, correcting and improving established systems at various levels, working with our central and local service teams.
Your days will be filled with…
- Troubleshooting, researching, and collaborating with peers to solve escalated customer issues or requests
- Providing timely responses to assigned customer issues, responding to customer service requests effectively
- Providing support related services including investigation, troubleshooting, complaint handling, fault handling and resolution
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service through efficient and accurate handling and documentation of incidents
- Running technical testing according to test protocols, ensuring high-quality outcomes
- Communicating with customers and colleagues, researching issues and proposing solutions
- Measuring customer satisfaction after the resolution of incidents and issues
- Escalating issues to the Third Line Support Team where necessary
- Documenting activity relating to incidents, issues and service requests within JIRA
- Providing coaching and development to First Line Support colleagues, fostering continuous collaboration and knowledge exchange within support teams
- Driving continuous improvement of processes to maximise performance, working to KPIs and performance delivery targets.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in electronics and VHF/UHF conventional & Digital Communication Systems and be willing to work from the Customers site, we will expect you to work from the Customer Location and will participate in the afterhours/weekend rota to ensure customer support coverage.
Here at Ascom…
You’re not just a number, you’re an individual with aspirations and that’s important to us. You can drive your own career and we are here to help you do that by:
- Providing career progression through learning and development, internal opportunities, and being part of global and local initiatives and projects. But don’t take our word for it, just ask some of our team members who have been with us for over 20 years!
- Giving you a real-world, first-hand experience about what it’s like to work with technology, that is at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
- Making a difference and having an impact on the lives in your community.
We're looking for someone who has…
- Experience in a technical system engineering position (or similar) within the IT, telecommunication or healthcare sector
- Excellent troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to prioritise and organise
- Excellent customer service, communication, and negotiation skills
- Fault finding & repair of mobile and hand-portable equipment including our bespoke components.
- Performing field installations where and when necessary.
- Performing system design and custom programming of equipment.
- In house training will be given in all bespoke aspects of our work.
- Experience with testing products at VHF and UHF frequencies
- Experience with ATE, spectrum analysers, scopes and other RF related test equipment.
- Experience in PLLs, Oscillators, Amplifiers, Filters and mixers
- Experience using RF design tools, e.g. Keysight ADS/AWR Microwave Office, or 3D EM Simulators
- ITIL Certification would be preferred.
- Full driving licence.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to live and work in the UK (sponsorship is not available)
Why should you work with us?
We offer more than just a job at Ascom, we offer a career with real benefits which include:
- Flexible hybrid work environment.
- Professional development with our global Learning & Development team as well as localized internal and external training opportunities.
- Opportunities to work with various teams around the world and chance to work on projects in other countries in addition to your home (role dependent).
- Supporting career agility through internal mobility.
- Working with high-quality medical technology in the healthcare space