We are looking for…
An ICT Senior Service Desk Engineer with an appetite to learn and with a willingness to delve into details when problem solving. A skilled professional who enjoys working on a variety of systems and with people at all levels of the organization. As an ICT Senior Service Desk Engineer you will be joining ICT Operations and Support in our Gothenburg office. Please note this is predominantly an onsite position. In this role you will make certain that end users within Ascom are supported as well as ensure that Ascom’s communication systems, security systems, centralized storage and server platforms are operative, continuously developed and secured. Your time will be divided between service desk and infrastructure tasks in the Gothenburg data center. You will also participate in an on-call rotation every 6-7 weeks to support our critical systems with troubleshooting. In this role you will be reporting to Global ICT Infrastructure Manager.
What you will be doing…
- Provide enterprise level technical support to the end users through researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identify solutions to resolve end user issues.
- Provide support via phone, web, email, chat and other channels as required.
- Participates in the overall process within the ICT Service Desk daily as well as within the on-call organization (24x7x365 services) according to Ascom’s on-call agreements.
- Responsible for deploying client machines and software packages using centralized tools such as SCCM and Intune.
- In the context of decided ICT related policies and plans, you will be independently responsible for the development and operation of key ICT platforms and services within Ascom.
- Responsible for support tasks regarding global platforms within Ascom such as but not limited to email, telephony, collaboration and video conferencing.
- Responsible for assisting with support, maintenance and operation of Datacenter infrastructures and cloud environments.
- Participate as technical specialist in the planning and operation of the global Ascom ICT platforms and services.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Ascom ICT related policies.
- In cooperation with the ICT Senior management team, prepare for decisions regarding procurements within the area of your responsibility.
- Participate in the purchasing process regarding ICT related products and services.
- Co-operate with internal and external organizations and vendors.
- Responsibility to maintain and develop your own competence.
- Responsibility to follow and develop work methods, design and system development standards and best practices within the area of your responsibility.
- Occasionally responsible for leading projects within ICT.
Our Ideal Candidate has…
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related technical discipline Certifications MCSE or Microsoft Azure Administrator
- 3+ years working knowledge and experience with Azure environments and configuration and administration of physical and virtual servers (i.e. Dell & HPE hardware, VMware & Hyper-V Hypervisors) in a data center environment.
- Good knowledge and competence within the area of LAN, WAN, WiFi and TCP/IP based communication platforms
- Good knowledge within the area of Cyber Security including firewalls, reverse proxies, load balancing systems and certificate infrastructure.
- Deep competence with Office365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint Online platforms.
- Deep competence within the areas of Microsoft AD, Entra (Azure) AD, Azure Administration, Azure governance, Azure Identity as well as client/server computing and networking in an international multi-site corporate IT environment.
- Good competence within the area of virtualization technologies, storage, and underlying hardware platforms.
- Good competence within the area of DNS management, internal as well as external.
- Ability to speak English fluently as well as to, within the competence area of this position, write general and technical documents.
- Ability to conversational Swedish.
- Ability to work alone as well as to co-operate with others both inside and outside the team and the company.
- Being a team player, eager to grow and taking ownership (sometimes even outside of mentioned accountabilities).
- Last but not least, you have good interpersonal skills, and you are comfortable communicating with people from all levels and backgrounds.
What we offer you…
- A company you can take pride in.
- Inspiring and collaborative colleagues.
- Abundant opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology in the healthcare industry.
Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 18 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Our systems are used in over 12,000 hospitals worldwide and handle more than 800 million alerts each year (over 2 million alerts a day!). Our solutions positively impact the lives of everyone who visits 1 of the hospitals or care-homes we work with.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of the people who benefit from our technology.
To learn more about what we do, visit us at: www.ascom.com