Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Headquartered in Switzerland, our business spans across 19 countries, and has been supporting the healthcare industry for 160 years by providing them with technology to enable them to support their communities.
Our systems are used in over 12,000 hospitals worldwide and handle more than 800 million alerts each year. Our solutions positively impact the lives of everyone who visits 1 of the hospitals or care-homes we work with.
The Sr. Implementation Engineer champions diverse technical solutions in Professional Service Projects. Taking full accountability, they oversee all aspects of customer-specific project implementation, guiding from project initiation to closure, ensuring a smooth handover to Ascom’s Customer Care operation.
- Ensure end-to-end planning and management of projects, applying necessary standards, tools, and project management skills to promote inclusivity and efficiency.
- Deliver activities within Ascom Professional Services, fostering diversity in solutions design, installation, commissioning, and hand-over processes.
- Implement technical customer solutions while integrating existing systems, ensuring inclusion by instructing customers on system usage as needed.
- Collaborate proactively with customers on-site, providing consultancy for optimal solutions, fostering diverse perspectives for the customer's benefit.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction, ensuring an inclusive experience throughout project delivery.
- Maintain expertise in the latest technologies and methods, supporting diversity through ongoing training and skill enhancement.
- Establish robust documentation standards to enhance traceability and serviceability, promoting inclusivity in accessibility to delivered products and solutions.
- Act as the primary interface between customers and peers, ensuring efficient communication and governance for project delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience in software delivery.
- Mid-level Technical Engineering and Application Engineering with practical education.
- Proficiency in Practical Application, emphasizing precision, predictability, risk mitigation, and professionalism.
- Extensive experience in a technical Sr. Implementation Engineering role or similar.
- Highly skilled in Ascom products with deep technical expertise in systems and solutions.
- Proficient in executing processes, methodologies, and tools efficiently.
- Strong project management abilities and adept at constructing well-organized reports.
- Proficient in English (oral and written) and one additional language.
- Advanced understanding of relevant key systems, IP Routing, and port openings.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems and SQL databases.
- Advanced experience in IT, 802.11 Wireless, Telecommunications (SIP, T1, Analog).
- Advanced understanding of High Availability, Redundancy, and Certificates.
- Strong time management, prioritization, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Availability to travel up to 75%.
What We Offer You:
- A company you can take pride in.
- Inspiring and collaborative colleagues.
- Abundant opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work with cutting-edge technology in the healthcare industry.
- Flexible remote work
Join Us and Make an Impact:
Ascom is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status. We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our team, drives innovation, and enriches our workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and has equal opportunities to succeed
Join our team at Ascom and help us realize our vision of enhancing digital information for optimal decision-making in the healthcare industry. Together, we are making a real difference in the lives of those who benefit from our technology.