Comprehensive patient status at a glance
The new Ascom TelliConnect Station is the bedside interface with which staff access and use the Ascom Telligence Patient Response System. It gives staff easy access to clinical data from apps, devices, and other systems—enabling smooth rounding, workflow management, and providing a comprehensive bedside view of a patient’s status.
The bedside management of workflows, charting and rounding made possible by the Ascom TelliConnect Station can help reduce administration and double documentation—leaving more time for direct patient care. The Ascom TelliConnect Station also supports faster responses to patient’s requests by giving caregivers easy access to a wide spectrum of key patient and clinical information at the point of care.
Workflow buttons on the Ascom TelliConnect Station can be customized for each care setting:
- Nurse round timers let staff select a configurable button to set rounding timers or manually enter a recurring rounding clock time.
- Timers may include reminders to check skin, bathroom needs, nutrition, blood sugar, fluids or other custom events.
- Bed management facilitates patient discharge activities such as environmental services for turning over rooms, transport for moving patients, and food services to stop delivery and reduce waste. Turning rooms more efficiently positively impacts revenue and can reduce patient and family frustration.
- Patient flow can be accelerated by creating workflows for physical and respiratory therapy, transport, radiology, pharmacy, etc., to reduce wait times and improve productivity.
- Room status is continuously updated, eliminating the need for signs and notes to be attached to room doors.
- Audio communications allow calls to be placed to the front desk, the pharmacy to check on prescriptions, or to the lab to check on results, saving caregivers’ time by not traveling to get the information.
- Room cancel eliminates the need for staff to go to the patient station which is often located on the wall behind the bed and other medical devices saving time and steps.