Ascom is a global solutions provider focused on Healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions headquartered in Switzerland and has business in 18 countries. The vision of Ascom is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for a dynamic member for our global legal team in the role as Legal Counsel in order to support mainly our business in the Netherlands, but also other countries.
The position is based in Utrecht. The job might include travelling to Switzerland and possible other countries from time to time.
- Provide clear, business-minded legal advice to business and function counterparts
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of contracts
- Ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations (i.e. GDPR)
- Handle litigation cases and supervise external counsels
- Establish and improve templates, standards and processes
- Maintain, improve and protect intellectual property rights
- Conduct regular legal and compliance trainings
- Support in local or group-wide projects
- Active support of and close cooperation with the other legal team members (in Nordics, UK and Germany)
Required qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years+ professional experience, preferably in an international company in the ICT sector or in an international commercial law firm
- University degree (Master of Law or equal)
- Strong experience in contract law (ideally also under common law), employment law and with GDPR
- Bar admission and/or further legal education (LLM) is an advantage
- Professional level of Dutch and English.
- Strong business-oriented mind-set with the ability to balance legal requirements against business needs
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Able to work well independently and on own initiative
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and can-do mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Straight-forward, discrete, empathic and trustworthy personality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Are you interested in the job?
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative and growth is both expected and appreciated. If this sounds interesting and challenging, we are looking forward to receiving your application.